Privacy & Cookies
Effective Date October 1st, 2022
Nuhas Ltd t/a MyWater (“MyWater”) is a Company duly registered in Dublin, Ireland with registration number 555257, located at 721 Northwest Business Park, D15YD30.”) is a Company duly registered in Dublin, Ireland with registration number 555257, located at 721 Northwest Business Park, D15YD30.
All references to “our”, “us”, “we” or “company” within this policy are deemed to refer to MyWater.
We provide this Notice to help you understand what we do with any data whether personally identifiable information (“PII”) or not, that we obtain from you. By providing your data to My Water, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Notice and agree that we collect, store and use your personal data as described in this Policy. If you do not agree to this Notice, please do not provide your personal details or purchase our products via which information and data can be obtained.PII”) or not, that we obtain from you. By providing your data to My Water, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Notice and agree that we collect, store and use your personal data as described in this Policy. If you do not agree to this Notice, please do not provide your personal details or purchase our products via which information and data can be obtained.
As our goal is to secure your access to clean water, the question of your Personal Data security is as important to us. Below we explain what, how and why your information is collected, stored, processed and used.
2. OUR APPROACH TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We only use your data to improve your experience with us.
- We minimize your information footprint by collecting only the data required to serve your best interests and deleting it once it is no longer used.
- Your data is stored securely.
- Only relevant people, software and hardware come into contact with information provided.
- We do not spam you with irrelevant ads.
- You get to decide what and how you hear from us.
3. INFORMATION/DATA WE COLLECT
We can gather data and information through Information you provide when you engage in any of the following:
- When you purchase our products or services
- Via registration with us on our website or other platforms
- From an online, email, retail, telephone or other electronic purchase channel
- When a survey is completed on our website or other platforms
- When information is provided at our stores or other market places
- When contacting us through customer services communications including online chats, social media accounts and enquiry box
- When you provide any comment on any of our platforms or website
- When you interact with us for any other purpose.
4. PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
At MyWater, we emphasize the importance of providing security and peace of mind to our customers, whether it comes to providing you with quality products or protecting your privacy during your visit to our websites. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, send us a message at email@example.com
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy — is Nuhaus Limited.
5. How we use your information
Your information is used in a number of ways. We may use the information and data gathered for any purpose which is not unlawful, including the following:
a. your name and contact details
|How we use your name & contact details||Why we need them|
|1||To process your orders and delivery||The contact details are essential in the execution and performance of the contract with you|
|2||To share valuable information||To share information such as order delivery details, product details and keep you informed|
|3||To prevent and detect fraud||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or our Company|
b. your payment information
We use safe third party payment acquiring services, so we do not regularly receive your payment information, however sometimes, for example, when you choose to pay by phone, we need to collect your credit card information, to acquire your payment. We don’t keep payment information.
|How we use your payment information||Why we need it|
|1||Take payment and give refunds||To perform our contract with you|
|2||Fraud prevention and detection||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or MyWater. Sadly, it happens sometimes.|
c. your contact history with us
|How we use your contact history||Why we need it|
|1||Provide customer service and support||To perform our contract with you. We are not abandoning you even after you’ve bought our product or service. We are always available to assist and render all necessary support|
|2||Train our staff||This helps us to ensure that we regularly improve our customer service and ensure efficiency |
d. Your purchase history and saved items
|How we use your purchase history and saved items||Why we need them|
|1||To sell our products to you||To perform our contract with you. If you cannot put the products into your shopping basket, you cannot buy it|
|2||Provide customer service and support||To perform our contract with you. It is easy to forget the exact name of the product given its long service intervals|
|3||Finding out what you like||To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition|
e. information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website
Information you give us when you browse our website, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
|How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website||Why we need them|
|1||To Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency)||To give you the best possible browsing and shopping experience|
|2||To protect our website||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or MyWater and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.|
f. information from accounts you link to us
What we do if you link your Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or other social media accounts to us
|How we use information from accounts you link to us||Why we need it|
|1||To enable you to log into our website easily without having to create a specific account||To make it easier for you to use mywater.ie and purchase those items you want|
|2||To provide product recommendations and personalized customer support||So you can quickly spot products which improve your living|
g. your responses and submissions to surveys, competitions and promotions
|How we use information from accounts you link to us||Why we need them|
|1||Run the survey, competition or promotion||To perform our contract with you. How else will you know you are the winner?|
You may choose not to give us some or all of this personal information, and in the result, you may not be able to buy from the website or receive the optimal overall customer experience. But that is up to you and we’ll support your decision.
We also anonymize and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including research, data analysis, improving our website, IT systems, and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
6. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
No part of your personal data will ever be sold to anybody including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We share your data with the following categories of companies as they allow us to better provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies in the MyWater, Nuhaus & Aquaphor Group responsible for different activities;
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies;
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media websites (if you choose to link your accounts to us);
- Companies involved in a restructuring process with our Company or Group.
7. AGE RESTRICTION AND DATA RELATING TO MINORS
Our website and products are not intended to be accessed directly by children below the age of eighteen (18). As a basic rule, if we learn that children under this category have directly accessed our website and services, we would erase such details in accordance with the law except a verifiable parental consent has been duly given as stipulated under this Notice.
Upon obtaining the parental consent for a child to use our products or our website, the parents shall have access to the child’s personal information for review and also reserve the right to withdraw the consent already given.
Any PII relating to a child or children would not be used in the marketing of any of the items prohibited under the relevant laws.
8. SECURITY OF DATA COLLECTED AND DATA RETENTION
We employ strict physical, electronic and administrative security measures to protect your data from being accessed by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your data for as long as necessary for the said purpose of the collection. We may retain some information and data for as long as necessary for some purposes including litigation, accident investigation, audits, resolution of disputes, security incident investigation, regulatory requirements and intellectual property preservation.
9. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
10. MARKETING MESSAGES
If you have agreed to it, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, to let you know about what we have to offer and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from mywater.ie
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by doing the following:
- clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- contacting our firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that updating your preferences in all our systems may take a few days, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or product service notifications).
11. SEEING ADVERTS FOR MYWATER
We engage in online advertising, also to let you know what we have to offer and to help you see and find our products. Like many companies, we target MyWater banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges. We use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some websites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of MyWater (for example, your MyWater browsing history, and the content you read on MyWater) or on MyWater banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
All users have rights relating to their personal information. However, these rights shall be read and applied in line with other clauses in this Privacy Notice:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator.
13. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER/GRIEVANCE OFFICER
MyWater would be glad to provide assistance to you in case you have any queries or issues pertaining to this Privacy Notice and data protection. Kindly contact us on email@example.com for your complaints and assistance.
14. AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this Notice from time to time. Laws, regulations and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary or we make changes to our products and services. Changes will be posted on our website and platforms and we encourage you to check them out to stay informed. If we make changes that materially alter your privacy, we will provide additional notice via email or other means of communication available to us. If you disagree with the changes at any point, you should deactivate your account.
16. HOW TO CONTACT US
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above or have a complaint please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- You can also contact our privacy team by dropping us a line at email@example.com